Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Birds have feelings too!

I know it sounds like a strange topic and you guys must be wondering what the hell is she discussing. But you know, I think its true that birds do have feelings. I have 2 parakeets( cute little) lemon green and turquoise blue. We call them by weird names- bubbles, gublu bublu, monkeys, changu mangu, haru neelu etc. I think they like attention. When they hear running water sound from tap, they LOVE it since they chirp and you can see the blue one jumping (literally) like a little kid showing the excitement. When I am on phone sometimes, they behave as if they are assuming that I am talking to them and they start to chirp looking at me. The best part - when the tv is on and there is some song going, they would try to sing/chirp with the tune and the moment tv sound stops, i mean you press the mute button, they will stop chirping as well. As if they sing along with the tune. Sometimes, when they hear loud sudden sound they would see in shock....I can see them looking at me as if asking me......OHHH whats that!!! When I try to broom little food/seeds they eat which they sprinkle while eating, underneath & around there table.....they look at me with a question mark expression. When I come back home (after they are alone for many hours), the moment i open the door, they will chirp as if acknowledging that we know you are back. chi chi chi chi....
My green one likes to play/eat the paper towel which I throw on the bottom of there cage to avoid cleaning the mess, since its just easy to change the papertowel every few days and everytime I see him getting down to eat it, I shout NO.....and then, he looks at me with a question mark...is this NO for me....? and I guess, now he knows that NO is for you to not to eat it. Since, now when I say NO loudly when he attempts to eat papertowel, he quickly jumps back up. When they are sleeping at night and we try to bring our hand in the cage.....now we know they get so scared and they don't like to get disturbed from there sleep. Since, they start to flutter and jump here & there in panic (if disturbed from sleep). The blue bird is like a leader in team. He encourages the green one that lets fly (everytime I open the cage). He would take a round and reassures the green one by coming back and kind of telling him that its safe out there. And then, the green one follows him. Though when they fly, they usually go and sit at the same place. I think they are scared of exploring new places to sit in home. But now they know our home directions and they know there way back to there cage. Our little birdies...I can almost write a book on them as in on different things they do etc. My little birdies are like my 2 little babies now :-) I am glad I got them and I really hope that they are happy here.

Just felt like sharing my experience and my surprise over the time that Birds have feelings so much like us.........You never know, it may inspire others to adopt birds too. They bring another spice in your life :-)

1 comment:

  1. oh i remember the days they were with me. both jaskeerat and i fell in love with them. aww....i want them again...i had almost thought of getting 2 for us too but am scared of the responsibility. maybe u shud drop them off again with us and then we will definitely get our own too...they surely bring another spice to our lives :-)

    ReplyDelete