Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why does bad things happen to GOOD people?????

Lot of times when good people go through bad times, its said its a way of God to make you even more stronger and brighter because 'YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU GO THROUGH'. BUT BUT BUT what if when good people get life long punishment. When I used to goto child loss support group, I saw all parents over there were like angels on this earth, literally. I know its hard to believe for you guys, but these people were so much there for each other, so full of pain but still extremely positive rays/spiritiual vibes and so full of LOVE with teary eyes and shattered too in many ways. I always wonder how can GOD allow such a life looong pain to GOOD people.


Today again, when I heard a really sad news then this question came back in mind. Early in the morning we heard the news of my husband's cousins death. This cousin is in his mid age with 2 twins in there 10th grade and a really nice, loving and kind wife. Aunty who has lost his son is also a very good human being. This healthy cousin died of brain hamarage with almost no explainable reason. He is gone but I don't think his mom deserves this life loooong pain, neither his wife or kids. I mainly feel bad for his mom and his wife. People say its circle of life. But why do such unfortunate things/ pain is given to GOOD people and then, you are left to live with this never ending pain. Yes, I know that in grieving process this pain slows down with time but still why....?
Another instance- I have an awesome lady as my neigbour cum friend. She lost her 21 year old daughter early this year and I can challange almost to anyone that she didn't deserve it either. Why is this life looooong pain given to GOOD people. Struggling with the thoughts and I really wish if I could get a convincing answer ever.

Please advise if you may have some thoughts on this.

6 comments:

  1. I had these thought when I lost my younger mama with 2 kids studying in school 11 years back.BUT Dear Being in Peace is only way out from all WHY query....
    You don’t need to search for peace,
    You are a being of peace.
    Any time, any place, you can step back from your thoughts and emotions.
    Just withdraw into your inner being, a place of total peace and just be.
    The thing which is not in our control should be leave for God and Please trust in God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gunjan I read them all and I feel you are an excellent writer. You are explicitly giving a shape to your experiences, quests, questions and above all you as a person through these writings of yours. Accordingly this blog has aptly been christened as your inner voice. Keep the good work going; will serve as great memories in times to come...[I think I should also restart my blog which I discontinued some time ago :)]
    As far as bad things happening to good people, this is a something to ponder upon. Tragic things do happen with people. Since we are attached to the person, we also feel the pain. I guess this was the dilemma with Arjun as well in Mahabharat, and I believe Shri Krishna's solution to be still relevant, however difficult that may be. Moreover life is a struggle in one form or the other, rich or poor, no one can escape...The real human being is the one who accepts this fact and give in to the divine plan...move ahead and give to people what he can give without expecting any thing in return...God has his plans for everyone ( I have experienced it)..So I think it is beyond our capacity to comprehend why bad things happen to good people, we can only think of the ways and means to cope with the loss. I don’t know if I am making sense. I can also say that worst things happen to bad people as well but there are not enough people to lament their woes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks shweta & vik. I guess, instead of focusing upon WHYsss I should distract myself with the things that give me some peace. Because these thoughts are like tornado, the more you dig the more you get caught in depth of it. The only way out is I guess distraction. Someone said it right: Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its always sad to hear about someone's loss. But life and death are the things we can't control and can't escape either.

    You know Gunjan i was reading this book on life and death and life after death as i was also looking for some answers like u.The book says that all of us (i'm referring to our soules here) are here to learn the lessons of life...that include the lessons of truth, lie, love, hate, good, bad, pain, ecstassy, wealth, poverty...etc etc...and as soon as we learn these lessons we go back to god and don't have to come back to this world again...

    So what i want to say here is, that it doesn't actually matter if we are good or bad, all of us have to go thru it all. Anything that happens to us and anyone that we meet in our lives has some significance towards our learnings and has a purpose which is unknown to us most of the times.

    So, just believe in God and in his will. And remember whatever happens , happens for good. I know its hard to belive sometimes but over a period of time we all realize it somehow.

    Today, when i look back, i feel that i went thru that phase so that i know how to love yuvi more and how to value motherhood.

    I believe that he who gives us the pain, gives us the strenght to bear it as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kumi. Well, I don't know if everything happens for good. Because I can never accept that there was something good out of my aanya's death. If god had to teach me something, he could teach me by keeping her alive as well. Though, I do agree that we end up learning atleast something out of every experience. Because " YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU GO THROUGH". And after any grieving process we are bigger and better person. I like the thought of the book and one of my sir, says the same that take life as observer NOT Controller....Though its hard let everything go from your hands and be completely laid back on whatever happens in life. Wish I could though.....I would have been in so much peace and relaxed!

    ReplyDelete